Wednesday, August 10, 2011

More Than Magic

I've been hanging out quite a lot with a magic man. Did I know he was magic when I met him? No. Not then.

But somewhere after the third or fourth date I suspected. After six or seven, I knew.

He is magic. Not only has he turned back the hands of time (we're seventeen again), I trust him. And he adores me. Tonight I caught myself looking in to his baby blue eyes all googly-eyed, feeling that emotion sparkling out of my green ones.

Did I tell you he has six year-old twins? And that I've fallen madly in love with them and they with me?

He does. A little girl and little boy as different (and as similar) as tea and coffee. They might look, smell and taste different, but both hide a wallop in their murky depths. Playing with these two brings out my six year-old Self. What joy there is in the wild abandonment of being six!

This is for JP, my magic man.

I'm so glad you found me.




~ Olivia J. Herrell

8 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

What a heart warming post? Good luck.

Yvonne,

Michelle Gregory said...

i'm always happy when 2 hearts find each other.

anthony stemke said...

A lovely post indeed. Thank You.

Walter Knight said...

It sounds like Olivia has been abducted by aliens. Don't worry, we will rescue you from those twins.

A.T. Post said...

I've been on Facebook too much. I was looking for a "Like" button to click on.

Congratulations, friend. Feels good to have a magic somebody, don't it?

Arlee Bird said...

Sounds wonderful. Hope the magic never ends.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Elliot Grace said...

...JP sounds like a man with quality taste ;)

Good for you, Olivia!

EL

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Thanks, you guys! Olivia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...