Monday, June 14, 2010

Beach Jones

My new design is brought to you courtesy of the enormous beach jones I've got going. And thanks to a slight case of ADD. I bore easily and quickly and I was so done with the old one.

So, don't get too fond of this one either, peeps, because, well, this too shall pass. Besides, I want to completely redesign by blog so that it looks more like a writer's blog.

But probably not until I finally make it to salt water. I have reservations for a week in New Smyrna Beach, Florida at the end of August. Egads, that's two months away! My only saving grace? Time flies. Even when you're not having fun, which I AM.

I wonder if I could sneak off for a five-day weekend in SoCal over July 4th weekend? That would be heaven. And a great way to celebrate my birthday.

Hmmm...



Pictures from top to bottom (including the title pic): Pelicans feeding in Dana Point, CA; near sunset at Zuma Beach in Malibu, CA; surfers at sunset in Solana Beach, CA.

3 comments:

Raquel Byrnes said...

I totally relate. We're an hour from the beach and I hear it calling for me right now!

Can't wait until its hot enough. Beautiful pictures.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I love the ocean, but live almost in Minnesota...We do have a cabin on a crystal clear lake in the Ozark Mountains...it's not the ocean, but it's pretty awesome.

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

Raquel, an hour on a good traffic day! But soo much closer than I am. I totally miss my CA. The pics were all taken there, the top one (the blog pic) down in Dana Point when the pelicans were feeding, the sunset was in Solana Beach in November '08 and the other is at Zuma in Malibu, taken last November.

Sharon, your cabin on the lake sounds wonderful. I live very near Lake Lanier and am pondering renting a place for the weekend, just to get my water fix.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...