Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Confession to the Power of Ten

I had surgery today. It was definitely indicated, very necessary and extremely long overdue. While the results won't be in for a few weeks, maybe even months, I'm pretty sure it was a success. Time will tell.

I want to thank my friends, family and other innocent parties for standing by me until I was miserable enough to voluntarily submit to this highly specialized, and delicate, procedure.

A specialty in AA circles, this surgery is known by the purely technical name of 'pulling my head out of my ass'.

It's especially effective on people who are 'bat shit crazy', another technical term whose origins I can only guess. Maybe one of you can weigh in and enlighten me. Regardless of it's origin, it is a perfect description of my general state these last many days/weeks/months.

A special thanks goes out to the following people for making today's surgery possible:
  • my new sponsor, Becky;
  • every blessed member of my new home, the Dawsonville Commuter Group;
  • the Chestatee noon meeting for cleaning the poopy off my disembutted face;
  • Mike for leading said meeting and being so kind;
  • Jessica for reminding me not to dwell in the morbid (after I get this off my chest I'll follow her advice);
  • Randy for putting up with me for the last three months;
  • and to everyone else who has held my hand while I wandered around Georgia blind.
Answers to questions you may be having:
  • no, the surgery wasn't painful, but walking around that way was;
  • no, I didn't need anesthesia (though I figured out why many people with long-term sobriety do go out);
  • no, I don't look any different post-surgery;
  • yes, I still need a haircut;
  • no, I don't have any more money than I did yesterday;
  • yes, I still have to move;
  • no, one of my bff's still not speaking to me;
  • yes, my business partner is actually more motivated than I've been;
  • and, yes, I feel sooooo much better.



Thanks for hanging out with me, even when I'm a little 'unwell'. :0

There is Nothing Like Living Life Out Loud.

Muah!

Video courtesy of youtube.com. Rob Thomas and Matchbox 20 performing the hit song Unwell.

3 comments:

Lee Keaton said...

Glad you're better. I bet they didn't even use anesthesia. jk

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

LOL, no anesthesia, but there was a loud popping sound!

Olivia J. Herrell, writing as O.J. Barré said...

To explain just a little further...In previous posts, I've whined a bit about what was 'wrong' in my life. I had been dwelling in misery, hugging the pity pot, whining, crying, blah, blah, blah. It had to stop or it'll never get better. The 'surgery' yesterday was getting my head outta my butt. 'Cause in reality, everything is okay, it just is what it is. Does that make any more sense?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...